Law Offices of Michael Garcia
Law Offices of Michael Garcia
Contact information and mailing address:
7676 Hazard Center Drive, 5th Floor
San Diego, California 92108
Copyright © 2011 Law Offices of Michael Garcia All Rights Reserved
Check the license and authority status of any interstate carrier by searching the US DOT website:
Michael Garcia is an attorney from Santa Clara, California and the principal of the Law Office of Michael Garcia. Mr. Garcia is an author
, trial attorney, and consumer protection attorney. His firm specializes in interstate and intrastate transportation law and the representation of household goods moving companies, bus and passenger carriers, and consumers. His practice focuses on regulatory compliance
and training, tariff
and contract requirements, safety compliance, and consumer protection laws. Mr. Garcia's practice has a strong emphasis on training in order to avoid litigation and regulatory actions by educating motor carriers to operate in compliance with the law and to protect consumers.
Moving company representation
: Mr. Garcia's regulatory compliance practice includes training, drafting of shipping documents (bill of lading
, order for service
, binding estimate
, non-binding estimate
, etc.). Mr. Garcia's firm publishes custom interstate moving company tariffs
in compliance with FMCSA and STB regulations. Mr. Garcia's firm also represents moving companies in regulatory actions and civil lawsuits against moving companies.
Bus and Passenger Carrier representation: Mr. Garcia's representation of bus and passenger carriers focuses on licensing, regulatory compliance, and safety and fitness matters.
Mr. Garcia's represents consumers in lawsuits against moving companies and in arbitration
. Lawsuits against moving companies may include damages to property, breach of contract, tariff or regulatory violations, and hostage loads.
Mr. Garcia is admitted to practice before all state courts in California; and the United States District Court Northern District of California. He frequently represents motor carriers in administrative actions before the United States DOT FMCSA.
The information contained on this website is designed for informational purposes only. Nothing on this website is designed or intended to constitute legal advice. Federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing the moving industry change frequently and may be interpreted differently by different people. If you need specific legal advice you should consult Mr. Garcia directly or a representative from the US DOT.
Safety and Regulatory Compliance
Driver Qualifications - 49 CFR § 391.11
An interstate Passenger Carrier driver must meet the following qualification requirements and responsibilities:
1. Be at least 21 years of age;
2. Speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records;
3. By experience, training, or both, be able to drive the Passenger Carrier vehicle safely;
4. Possess a valid medical examiner's certificate;
5. Have only one valid commercial driver's license (CDL) and this CDL must have a passenger endorsement;
6. Provide his/her employer with a list of all motor vehicle violations or a signed statement that driver has not been convicted of any motor vehicle violations during the past 12 months;
7. Not be disqualified from operating a Passenger Carrier.